Saturday, January 12, 2008

Drive On

We had a very successful drive at Chua An Lac. Got 92 people to register. Our count is now up to 2198 people registered through Project Michelle drives. Thank you very much to everyone who came to the Vietnamese temple to sign up. Special thanks to my supermom, Co Hang, Cali Today, radio station 1120 and everyone else who helped publicize the drive. I was hoping to get at least 20 people, so 92 was a pleasant surprise.

This has been a very tough week. Co Tam's funeral and the news about other leukemia fighters not doing so well saddens and frustrates me. However, today's drive cheered me up a bit. I could tell that everyone who came to the drive really wanted to help. There was no struggle to get their contact information and they waited patiently to receive their swab test kits. I was touched when parents even brought their teenage children to the drive to get them registered (unfortunately you have to be 18). I wish more drives were like the one today.

We are trying to take control of this dire situation and the response today was amazing. People are taking action and doing their part to help save someone's life. I am so proud to be a part of this initiative.

No comments: