Friday, January 4, 2008

Being Michelle Maykin

A nice Vietnamese gentleman from Ottawa, Canada contacted Project Michelle and has been helping with bone marrow drives in our neighbor up north. Periodically, he emails me greeting cards and messages to cheer me up. A few months ago he asked me to write about my feelings. I honestly didn't know what to say, but I want to take a stab at it now.

Thank you very much Chu Sam for always keeping me in your thoughts.

Love,
Michelle

Hi Michelle: If you can and care to share, how about some of your thoughts on: 1. What it is to you and for you to get leukemia 2. What's really going on in your mind, besides things you do with friends and others (forgive me if this may sound intrusive. I just know that one cannot run away from certain realities...) 3. Family and friends (+ strangers): what and how the situation affects them 4. What's your fondest desire 5. What would you do, if you can do something to help another victim, being a victim yourself
This may just be simple entries in your diary. But they may be quite powerful in sensitizing the issue and getting people to help... coming from you.
If you think this is not a bad idea, then give it some thoughts...
Take care and have a pleasant weekend.
Sam

No comments: