Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am the messenger of good news today. All of our drives have been extremely successful!! Here are the official numbers:

Wat Buddhanusorn Thai Temple (Sun, 8/12)– 39

Dr. Lam Do's Office (Sat, 8/18)- 48

St. Patrick Proto-Cathedral (Sat, 8/18) – 34

St. Patrick Proto-Cathedral (Sun, 8/19) – 110

Chua An Lac Vietnamese Temple (Sun, 8/19) – 142

This brings us to a total of 373 registered! I am totally blown away by the great turnout.

Thanks to everyone who got registered at one of our drives this past weekend. You have done a very amazing thing. A special thanks to AADP for leading the drives and my family who spent all weekend volunteering.

The best news of all is that I just spoke to Mr. Hong's Bone Marrow Transplant Physician who told me they found an unrelated donor in the United States who is a PERFECT match! 10 out of 10 HLA tissue markers match between the donor and Mr. Hong - you can't get much better than that. Congratulations Mr. Hong!

LA Chung did a follow up article (8/22/07) about Mr. Hong on the San Jose Mercury Newspaper. Click here for the article.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has been helping my mom and me work on Mr. Hong's case. Let's all keep Mr. Hong in our prayers as he is currently undergoing another round of chemotherapy in preparation for his bone marrow transplant which will occur in about a month.

I am all smiles today...even though I'm still stuck at home because of low blood counts across the board. It would be nice if my WBCs, RBCs and platelets would join me in the celebration by jumping up a little bit. :D

No comments: