Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bone Marrow Drives, Here We Come!

After weeks of doing tv/radio recordings, flyering, answering emails and phone calls, we are finally hosting our first weekend of drives for the San Jose Vietnamese community. I am a little disappointed in my white blood cells for not coming through this weekend. I was hoping I could meet all of the wonderful people who are "Maykin" a difference by getting registered. Don't worry, I will be calling my family periodically to see how we are doing.

Last Sunday, we had success at the Thai Fremont temple with 41 people registered. I am hoping that we can at least match this number at each drive this weekend.

Thank you to all of my mom's friends who have been publicizing my story on their tv and radio stations. But most importantly, thank you to my Super Mom for doing everything for me. Not only has she been driving all around town to spread the word, but she has to come home every night to a not-so-nice daughter.

On a side note, LA Chung from San Jose Mercury News did an article on me. Go to: http://www.mercurynews.com/columns/ci_6656579?nclick_check=1

No comments: