Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Quiet. An Update (From Van)

I was about to go to bed. I had promised my friend that I'd get some rest tonight. For some reason, as I just looked at Michelle's peaceful face, it struck me that now would be a good time for my first post on Project Michelle.

Perhaps I realized the strange silence. Gone is the frantic typing on keyboards attempting to organize a nationwide effort. Gone are the grimaces and strains from Michelle's face that I have sadly become increasingly accustomed these past few days.

Until tonight, Michelle's sister Melanie and her best friend Mabel had been alternating spending the night by Michelle's side. Tonight being my first night here for Kill Leuk Round 2, I think the silence is a reminder that it feels like we never left. As if the months since her last round of chemo were just a dream...abruptly interrupted by Leuk and a new friend.

Many of us have spent practically every waking moment since Friday morning in the confines of this hospital. It makes me realize the dynamic that is developing. The outside world waits for blog entries - snippets that provide a peek to the inside.

What's going on inside right now? Appreciation and hope.

Appreciation for those that care about us and hope that this will become a dream that we all forget.

No comments: