Monday, May 12, 2008

Hotel Michelle

The Luke Do approach is working well. I just concentrate on keeping my food down, ignoring the aftertaste the pills leave in my mouth, making sure I don't mess my gown (the meds do a number on my bowel movements) and taking things one minute at a time. I am letting everyone else do everything else for me. It's been pretty easy letting go because lately I am way to "out of it" to be concerned about what's happening outside my hospital room. Yesterday was probably the longest day in the hospital for me. I was fidgety and couldn't sit still, but the double vision made me stuck in bed. My sister bought me a pirate patch which helped for a little bit, but it became too uncomfortable to wear the patch, a mask and my glasses. I eventually took an anti-anxiety pill that helped me chill out. The pill did wonders and Mabel says I did a little dance during my walk outside (I don't recall).

I feel better today. Although I'm leaving the details to Van and Mabel, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for working so quickly to set up drives. They report to me that so many people have volunteered and it makes me so happy.

I'm having a platelet transfusion so I can get a spinal tap done by a neurologist so we can figure out what's causing the double vision. I took a benadryl like 15 minutes ago and I'm getting very whoozy. Good bye for now!

No comments: