Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Khanh Van Vo

Everytime I hear about a new young person in search of a bone marrow donor I just want to throw up my hands and scream "When does it ever end??!?"

Khanh Van Vo is only 22 years old. He is Vietnamese (like me) and was diagnosed with Lymphoproliferative Disorder, a very rare form of blood cancer, in December of 2007. He enjoys fishing, camping and snowboarding. He is currently searching for a donor.

My mom has been doing a weekly Vietnamese radio show about leukemia and bone marrow transplants and she's had the opportunity to work with Khanh's friends and family at a recent marrow drive. This past weekend many of Khanh's friends came out to get registered at the Starbucks drive my mom helped organize (Thanks Starbucks!). There is a big push in the Vietnamese community to get more people registered.

But we still need more help. Please get registered (and convince your friends and family to do it too).

Here are some upcoming drives targeting the Vietnamese community:

April 27, 2008 (Sunday)
St. Maria Goretti Church, San Jose
9-11 am & 3-5 pm

May 4, 2008 (Sunday)
St.Patrick Proto-Cathedral
7:30-10:30 am

No comments: