Tuesday, April 22, 2008

birds of a feather, flock together

I've never been much of a blog writer or a blog reader. Ever since I got sick, however, one thing that keeps me inspired and motivated is reading up on other patients whom I found through the AADP website. I have learned a TON by reading their online journals. It makes me feel like I'm not alone. I feel like I am right by their side...smiling, screaming, throwing my hands up, crying and laughing with them as they go through their treatment. Their blogs give me a little window into their wonderful world of chemotherapy which is very different and yet similar to my own. The list of potential effects are the same....nausea, fatigue, hairloss, risk of infections, etc. It's pretty much guaranteed that we all lose our hair, but figuring out which infections or other complications we each develop seems to be the luck of the draw. There are so many types of infections/diseases to choose from when your immune system is suppressed.

The things that we do share in common are love, hope and perseverance.

I thought I'd share my favorites cancer warrior websites. (Some of these sites are old) Everyday I am amazed by how brave, honest, optimistic, intelligent, thoughtful, and amazing these people are.

No comments: