Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cal Drive Great!!

Although my last entry was a bit of a downer, I do have some really good days that lift my spirits. For example, our Cal Bone Marrow Drive was a huge success. Over the 2-day drive we got 344 people registered. Additionally, over 75% of the people who registered were ethnic minorities. These are amazing results! I am so grateful to the student volunteers that spent hours under the scorching sun to flyer (I haven't sweat that much in a long time). I was impressed at how effective the volunteers were at explaining the process and alleviating people's fears about donating. Everyone did an amazing job.

Thanks to all of the volunteers and people who got registered. Special thanks to Tony Tran (Lambdas), Chen Lu (Engineers Joint Council) and Brandon Hogstad for their extra hard work. Lastly a gigantic thank you and hug to Glenna Lee from AADP for helping me spearhead the event.

This event really showed me that the success of a drive depends on good marketing, good location and most importantly good support from the sponsor group. Who else is excited about Cal Bone Marrow Drive Spring 2008???? :D

P.S. Please check upcoming drives on our calendar. We are going to have a busy November. Additionally, there are a bunch of drives this coming Saturday, November 4th, in Houston hosted by the Lend A Hand VYO, Inc. If you can't make any of these, check out AADP's website for a full listing of upcoming drives in the Bay Area.

No comments: