Monday, September 17, 2007

Round 5

On Monday, 9/17/07, at 4:30pm I checked into the hospital for my 5th and FINAL round of chemotherapy. My 1st bag of High dose Ara-C (aka Cytarabine) started at 9:30pm and ended at 12:30am. This is great because the nurses don't have to come in my room during the middle of the night. So far, so good - No major side effects or infections in sight. Hopefully, I can ditch this joint by Saturday afternoon if all things go well.


It is hard to believe that this is coming to an end. When I first got sick, I could not wait to be finished with my treatment. I thought
6 months was going to feel like an eternity. I was so excited about being "normal" again. Now that I am well into my 7th month of treatment, I am shocked at how fast time has flown by. Although I am looking forward to my life post-chemo, I am very nervous about going back into the "real world."


I know that I have to remain positive, but being the worrywart that I am, I cannot help but to feel a bit scared. For the last 7 months, my cancer has put my life on pause. Once the play button is pressed, I must go back to the grind of work, regain control of my life, and sort out my future. I am hopeful that my transition will be painless and easy, but I surely have my doubts. Of course there will always be the voice in the back of my head to remind me that there is a good chance that I can relapse at any minute.

Luckily, I know that I can count on my family and friends to help me sort things out. One of my favorite places I always turn to for support is the Wat Buddhanusorn Thai Temple in Fremont. The pictures are from my recent visit to the temple. I grew up at the temple and I love coming back to see familiar faces and to catch up with all of my "aunts" and "uncles." These people have always been by my side and have molded me to what I am today. I can not thank them enough.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely looking forward to the end of my treatment. I just wanted to share with you some of my thoughts.

No comments: