Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hopeful

Last week I got an email from Chi Hang that she has found a cord blood match and will be receiving a bone marrow transplant soon. Such great news!!!!

Chi Hang has been doing weekly Vietnamese radio talk shows with my mom to share her story and educate people about leukemia, the marrow registry and bone marrow transplants. Unfortunately she does not have the luxury of leaving the hospital to go on air so she does the interviews in her hospital room. You can even hear the chemo machines that she's connected to beeping in the background. She is an inspiration to me.

The road ahead will be very challenging for Chi Hang, but I am optimistic that she will fight through it with the support of her loving family and friends. I will try to keep everyone posted on her treatment.

Chi Hang, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: